Meet Our Builder: Jim Chapman
Jim Chapman, voted “55 Plus Builder of the Year” in 2018 by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), is an Atlanta-based home building veteran. Chapman launched his first custom home building firm, Jim Chapman Fine Homes, in 1998. An Atlanta native and graduate of The Westminster Schools, Chapman earned an MBA from Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. In 2005, Chapman shifted his focus from building single-family custom homes to developing and building 55 Plus active adult resort-style communities, and re-branded his firm as Jim Chapman Communities. Now recognized as Atlanta’s premier 55 Plus homebuilder, Chapman currently has communities completed or under development throughout the Metro Atlanta area, including Buckhead, Vinings, Cobb County, Forsyth County, North Fulton County, Hall County, Dawson County and Cherokee County. His design style and architectural flair are both heavily influenced by his design partner, mentor and father Jim Chapman, Sr., a well-known Atlanta architect.
A Certified Professional Home Builder, Chapman is deeply committed to the success of the home building industry and is heavily involved with local, regional and national industry organizations. He is currently serving as the 2018 President of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (GAHBA), Secretary/Treasurer of the Home Builders Association of Georgia (HBAG) and Vice Chair of the NAHB’s Land Development Committee. The former Chair of NAHB’s 55 Plus Housing Industry Council, Chapman is the Founding Chairman of the ALL Home Program, a voluntary statewide certification created by HBAG to promote accessibility and universal design. He was recently named “2018 Builder of the Year” by HomeAid Atlanta, the nonprofit arm of the GAHBA. HomeAid builds new lives for homeless families and individuals through housing and community outreach.
Chapman and his wife Katherine are very active in their church, Northside United Methodist. The couple have two children.
Jim’s resume also includes a host of industry leadership roles and responsibilities
- Founding Chairman of the ALL Home program, a voluntary state-wide certification created by the Home Builders Association of Georgia to promote accessibility and universal design
- Chairman of the 55 Plus Housing Industry Council of the National Association of Home Builders for 2016
- Recently re-appointed to the Home Builders Association of Georgia’s Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs Committees
- Current Executive Board member (Vice-President) of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association; will serve as President in 2018
- One of two Georgia BUILD PAC Trustees – Builders United in Legislative Decisions Political Action Committee which helps elect pro-business pro-building candidates to the US Congress
- Certified Professional Home Builder – the Greater Atlanta HBA’s program of self-imposed standards, far more rigid than state standards, to bring a much higher degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction to the home building industry; Jim also holds a builder’s license through the State of Georgia
2402 Brookhavenrun Circle
Duluth, GA 30097
2100 Haven Circle
Douglasville, GA 30135