Meet Our Builder: Jim Chapman, Jr.
An Atlanta native and graduate of The Westminster Schools, Jim Chapman is a home building veteran who started his own custom home building firm in 1998 after earning an MBA from Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill in 1996. From 1998 through 2005, his firm primarily built custom homes in Buckhead, Alpharetta and Highlands, North Carolina.
In 2005, Jim began to build and develop an active adult portfolio under the brand of Jim Chapman Communities, which has now become synonymous with high quality single level living. Currently, he is building under both the Jim Chapman Fine Homes brand and the Jim Chapman Communities brand throughout Buckhead, Vinings, Cobb, Forsyth, Fulton, Cherokee and Douglas counties. His design and architectural flair is heavily influenced by his design partner, mentor and father, Jim Chapman Sr., who is a well-known Atlanta architect.
Jim is currently serving as the Chairman of the ALL Home program, a voluntary statewide certification created by the Home Builders Association of Georgia to promote accessibility and universal design. He also served as Chairman of the 55 Plus Housing Industry Council of the National Association of Home Builders in 2016. Jim is quickly becoming known throughout Georgia and now the country as a leading expert in active adult building and development.
Jim remains very active in his church, Northside Methodist. He and his wife Katherine and two children make their home in Atlanta.
Jim’s resume also includes a host of industry leadership roles and responsibilities
- Founding Chairman of the ALL Home program, a voluntary state-wide certification created by the Home Builders Association of Georgia to promote accessibility and universal design
- Chairman of the 55 Plus Housing Industry Council of the National Association of Home Builders for 2016
- Recently re-appointed to the Home Builders Association of Georgia’s Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs Committees
- Current Executive Board member (Vice-President) of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association; will serve as President in 2018
- One of two Georgia BUILD PAC Trustees – Builders United in Legislative Decisions Political Action Committee which helps elect pro-business pro-building candidates to the US Congress
- Certified Professional Home Builder – the Greater Atlanta HBA’s program of self-imposed standards, far more rigid than state standards, to bring a much higher degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction to the home building industry; Jim also holds a builder’s license through the State of Georgia
11108 Brookhaven Club Drive
Johns Creek, GA 30097
120 Chastain Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
4174 Lanier Ridge Walk
Cumming, GA 30041
2402 Brookhavenrun Circle
Duluth, GA 30097
2100 Haven Circle
Douglasville, GA 30135