Meet Our Builder: Jim Chapman
Atlanta native and Westminster graduate Jim Chapman started his own custom home building firm, Jim Chapman Fine Homes, in 1998, after earning his MBA from Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. From 1998 through 2005, his firm primarily built custom homes in Buckhead and Alpharetta, Georgia, and in Highlands, North Carolina.
In 2005, he launched Jim Chapman Communities and started building and developing an active adult portfolio. Today, Jim is recognized regionally and nationally as a leading expert in the 55+ housing market. Jim Chapman Communities is currently building in Buckhead, Vinings, Cobb, Forsyth, Fulton and Cherokee counties. His design and architectural flair is heavily influenced by his design partner, mentor and father, Jim Chapman Sr., a well-known Atlanta architect.
As a builder and developer, Jim is deeply committed to the success of the U.S. home building industry and dedicates a large portion of his limited free time to a variety of local, regional and national industry organizations.
He is the immediate past Chair of NAHB’s 55+ Housing Industry Council and has recently been named Second Vice-Chair of the NAHB’s Land Development Committee for 2017. Jim also serves as the founding chairman of the ALL Home program, a voluntary statewide certification created by the Home Builders Association of Georgia (HBAG) to promote accessibility and universal design.
He is a member of the HBAG’s Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs Committees, and one of two Georgia BUILD-PAC Trustees. BUILD PAC helps elect pro-business, pro-building candidates to the U.S. Congress.
This year, Jim is the Vice President of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (GAHBA) and is slated to become the Association’s president in 2018. He is a certified Professional Home Builder – GAHBA’s program of self-imposed standards to bring a much higher degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction to the home building industry; and he also holds a builder’s license through the State of Georgia. He also just joined Atlanta Professional Women in Building, one of GAHBA’s premier councils.
Jim is very active in his church, Northside Methodist. Jim, his wife Katherine and their two children make their home in Atlanta.
Jim’s resume also includes a host of industry leadership roles and responsibilities
- Founding Chairman of the ALL Home program, a voluntary state-wide certification created by the Home Builders Association of Georgia to promote accessibility and universal design
- Chairman of the 55 Plus Housing Industry Council of the National Association of Home Builders for 2016
- Recently re-appointed to the Home Builders Association of Georgia’s Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs Committees
- Current Executive Board member (Vice-President) of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association; will serve as President in 2018
- One of two Georgia BUILD PAC Trustees – Builders United in Legislative Decisions Political Action Committee which helps elect pro-business pro-building candidates to the US Congress
- Certified Professional Home Builder – the Greater Atlanta HBA’s program of self-imposed standards, far more rigid than state standards, to bring a much higher degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction to the home building industry; Jim also holds a builder’s license through the State of Georgia
11108 Brookhaven Club Drive
Johns Creek, GA 30097
120 Chastain Road NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
4174 Lanier Ridge Walk
Cumming, GA 30041
2402 Brookhavenrun Circle
Duluth, GA 30097
2100 Haven Circle
Douglasville, GA 30135